Ever wonder what is Mail forwarding also known as Post Redirecting? Mail Forwarding is a service offered by post offices around the world and other private mail service providers like getmyUSmail.com to redirect mail meant for one location to another location. Also known as virtual post office box services of hybrid mail, the services are normally provided for a given period of time. In the UK, British Royal Mail has its own mail forwarding service called Mail Redirection and is available for a maximum of two years. In the US, it is First Class Mail that enables redirection for a period of one year. Usually, it is used by people when they change addresses, though it is not exclusive with them itself. Others use the service to remain anonymous, RV travelers to collect their mail at a given Mailbox address, and international clients are using the service to collect the goods they buy from America, consolidate them and forward them to their addresses overseas to save on shipping charges.
Mailboxes For The 21st Century
The services provided by the U.S postal service are somewhat different and limited from those provided by private mail forwarding services. There are additional services provided by private services and needs like mail scanning services, selection of international and domestic deliver options and online mailbox management that are not provided by government services. Private services were also in vogue before the standardization of delivery and payment of international mail by the Universal Postal Union.
Effective from 1st October 2007, local private mail forwarding services could be asked to register with the Council in London. It as made mandatory to get identity evidence by registered services from their customers and also to keep copies of the document with them. They are also required to keep with them all records concerning the name and address/registered office and addresses of customers that receive the mail. The United States, the postal services are provided by the United States Postal Service, which is an independent federal agency. This includes mail forwarding to the public. To get the service through a private forwarder, it is necessary to obtain form 1583. Mailbox Rental Private forwarding companies also offer private mail forwarding services, but this is done usually online. These private services are mostly involved in monthly services, to new users, and address is assigned by the company to receive their U.S mail as well as packages. It is mostly the people that are moving overseas like Expats, retirees, long term travelers, and international shoppers who make online shopping for US products.
The first mail forwarding company OPAS was established in 1990 that provided international shoppers services. As this overseas shipping is not provided by many online retailers, and there are border restrictions that affect the services of package delivery to their selected countries, people living overseas need to have a U.S address to receive their products that are sent to their local address, and from there they receive at their overseas address.
Getting a virtual U.S Mailbox address is so easy at https://getmyusmail.com to Complete the 3 easy steps and get yourself an American Street Address without leaving the comfort of your home. Clients from Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, France, Greece, Italy, And Australia have used our mail forwarding services to make purchases on Amazon, eBay, Apple and have us forward them to there residence overseas. Secure storage, free consolidation, discounted shipping via USPS, FedEx, DHL, and UPS. #Mailforwarder #shoponline #ebay #Amazon #Mailbox #Virtualaddress
Virtual U.S Mailbox Address
There are multiple reasons why a person or a company abroad needs a virtual Mailbox address in America. Some may need the mailbox address to mask their residential address for privacy reasons, others like to use the mailbox address to collect their Amazon, eBay and Apple Store purchases so they can combine the shipping and save up to 60% off their shipping cost. The majority of our customers are American Expats and personal shoppers that love our mail forwarding service because they find it safe, reputable and enjoy our discounted shipping rates.
Getting a PO Box in the U.S is a simple procedure. You don’t even have to leave your home or office to complete the application! Simply go to our service section of this website and select the mailbox size and the subscription period, add it to your shopping cart and then checkout using any major credit card, Amazon or PayPal. You will receive an order number and the rest is history!
Pick a Mailbox Subscription and Size
Before you get a PO Box, you need to decide where you want your PO Box to be located and how big you want your mailbox to be based on your expected monthly mail deliveries.
PO Box Size
How big is a P.O Box? Our Mailboxes are available in 3 sizes. Starting with small for American Expats, to collect a small amount of mail, then Large for the busy online shoppers who expect to receive a large amount of mail and parcels.
- Small Mailbox – 5″ x 5.5″ – It can normally accommodate 10-15 letters or up to 5 rolled magazines. Subscription is only $149.95 for 13 Months!
- Medium Mailbox – 11″ x 5.5″ – The medium size is wide enough that large envelopes and magazines can be stacked flat. Subscription varies but currently cost less than $300 for 13 Months!
- Virtual Mailbox – 22.5″ x 12″ – This is the largest option for Flat Rate Boxes and parcels. Comes with all features and includes unlimited storage, mailbox management on the Cloud, and large shipping discounts. Currently costs less than $500 / 13 Months!
Picking the right size really depends on how much mail you will be getting, what type of mail you will receive, and how often you pick up or forward your mail.
U.S Mail Redirects
Once you have your mailbox address and it is activated, the next step is to redirect your U.S mail and packages to this new address. You can either fill out a Change of Address Form online or pick one up at your nearest post office. Fill it out and submit it. Your mail will then be forwarded to your new address for up to 1 year for First Class Mail.
Getmyusmail.com offers a robust virtual office service that will allow you to access over 4 Million U.S Online retailers and shop with your own U.S Mailbox address, shop like if you were here in America without leaving home. Clients form Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Europe, Australia, and Africa have been using our mail forwarding services for decades and benefit from our Free consolidation and discounted shipping rates. #shopping #Mailforwarder #personalshopper #concierge #shopeBay #shopAmazon #Mailbox #Virtualoffice #Expats. Apply in 3 easy steps here https://getmyusmail.com
Our virtual office provides a business office address without physical office space expenses. Your international business will have a U.S based address that you can post on your website, business cards, etc.. You can also work remotely and virtually while your business maintains a physical presence in America. Here are few benefits of having your own virtual mailbox address:
Your Business Looks More Professional
Having a prestigious business address in metro Boston, MA ensures your company maintains a professional, and legitimate business image. Using a physical business address and U.S VOIP office phone number on your website, letterheads, and email increases customer trust. Choosing a virtual office address in a well-known area relevant to your business further creates a positive image of your business. A virtual office allows you to have a prestigious business address in
Work In Your Pajamas
A virtual office helps you work remotely, any time of the day! Our U.S virtual office gives you the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world without being tied into an office cubical or dishing out thousands of dollars in rent and overhead costs. All your business needs is an internet connection! Since you have no office space to worry about, you have no commute and wasted time in Boston traffic. This makes our virtual office mailbox more environmentally friendly than traditional office space. Cutting out the commute decreases your carbon footprint and help the environment.
Save Some Green! Virtual Mailbox Is Cost-Effective
Traditional office spaces in metro Boston will cost you thousands a month, our virtual mailbox costs less than $500 /Year! The savings are huge! You pay for a prestigious business mailbox address without paying the large rents that come with it. This enables you to keep business expenses low as you reduce costs of utilities, transportation, office
Grow, Grow, Grow!
Our virtual office allows you to grow your business without needing to move to a larger office space. Because space is not a limiting factor, growing your business can use a virtual office address to establish a presence in a new location without the cost of relocating to that area. In addition to this great feature, our mailbox agreements have No Long-Term Commitments! Our U.S virtual mailbox subscriptions are on a yearly basis. There are no long-term contracts as there is for physical office space. Contact us if you have any questions.
Sample U.S Virtual Mailbox Address
1215 Main St,
Tewksbury, MA 01876
Tel + 617.555.1212
Importance of Creating a Mailbox for Mail Forwarding for American Expats
Mail forwarding service is today’s easiest and quickest way for you to still ensure that your mail will be delivered to a US mailbox address and receive it on a timely manner even when you are overseas. With the use of a remote expats mail forwarding service, you will have the chance to review your mail no matter where you are in the world.
How Mailbox Forwarding Works
In mailbox forwarding, you will be given a mailing address and you can review and access all of your mail online, including letters, documents, and even packages. It can be used for all mail sources, including US Postal Service, UPS, FedEx and a whole lot more. Simply put, a mail forwarder makes things more convenient your part by making it as hassle-free as receiving your email. You are going to have a unique street address complete with a box number where every mail that you receive will be sent. Once the mail has been received, the outer part of the envelope is going to be scanned and made viewable in the control panel. Upon your request, the mail forwarder can open and scan the mail’s contents, shred and recycle items or forward ship it to your business or home address.
Perks of a Reliable Mail Forwarding Service
When you live overseas, receiving all of your mail may not really be as reliable and consistent all the time. But when you use the services of a dependable mail forwarder, you can look forward to exceptional reliability that comes with the convenience of quick electronic delivery of all your mail.
For American expats, this is definitely the best solution to being unable to receive your U.S mail in a timely manner and not waste any precious time or miss important information. A good mailbox forwarding service can provide world-class solutions for mail scanning that will allow individuals and even small businesses overseas to still view their US postal as well as other mail online wherever they might be in the world.
Top Benefits of a Mailbox for Mail Forwarding
It is no longer new for people to work abroad for months or even years but still, it does not change the fact that this can be very challenging in a lot of ways. As you strive for success in your brand new location, as an expat, you also need to manage the affairs from the life that you left back home and do all that you can to make the entire experience in the new country as good and positive one for your spouse and kids. Here are the top benefits that you can get when you have your own dedicated mailbox for your mail forwarding:
- Stay connected – With the use of your US mailbox address, you will get to receive every single name and package that is sent to your name. From all corners of the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you can view every single item in your mailbox. You can just point and click so that you can scan the content of the mail, forward the packages and mail or even deposit checks. You can also add a voice mail and phone forwarding so that it will be easier for your family and friends back home to keep in touch with you.
- Enjoy great privacy – With the traditional mail pouch service, your mail is going to be handled by numerous staffers and mail rooms before they even get to you. But with a dedicated mailbox, all of your mail will go directly to your address overseas or wherever you want your mail to be sent.
- Instant access – You can now read your U.S mail from anywhere on the same day that it was delivered to your inbox with the document scanning service of a dependable mail forwarder.
- Less stress – In case your company is not offering a corporate mail service, you are probably counting on your family or friends to collect, sort and forward all of your mail and packages. When you have your own mailbox, you wouldn’t have to worry if your sister forgot to pick up your mail, lost a letter or mistook an important document as another junk mail. You are going to sell all the items in your mailbox and you can tell the mail forwarder what you want to do with every package or mail.
- Shop with convenience – When you are abroad, your or your spouse or kids will always want to shop on websites in the US for the brands that they love or products that they cannot get in your new place. However, most of the online stores in the US do not really ship internationally and in case they do, it may cost you a fortune. But now, you can already have all the goods that you shopped for sent to your US mailbox address for an economical and fast forwarding to you. They can even prepare a commercial invoice for clearing customs faster.
- Easy storage on the cloud – You can also request for the scan of the documents that you received through the mail for creating a PDF and this can be stored in an encrypted and secure cloud service. Why will you have to worry about keeping all those paper records or suffer the hassling of scanning documents and having them backed up on your own? If you are away, the best that you can do is to make things easier on yourself and an expats mail forwarding service is the best choice that you’ve got.
- Control – You can forward your packages and mail to as many different addresses as you prefer in various corners of the globe. You will get to choose your preferred carrier, the service level, the ship date, the shipping costs online, and do everything in real time. You can discard any unwanted mail or shred any confidential documents that you no longer need.
- Customer service – Finally, the best expats mail forwarding service will give you the highest level of customer service, with representatives always ready to answer any questions that you have.
American Expats Mailbox Choices
A Post Office Box, or commonly known as a PO Box or a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox located in a US Post Office station. PO Boxes are traditionally used to receive US mail and Parcels when you live in areas where mail is not delivered directly to your home. A PMB (Private Mailbox) Box, however, is great for people who move constantly. If you’ve ever relocated, you know the pain you go through changing US mailing address for statements, bills, bank statements, and magazine subscriptions, updating personal information with the IRS and the government, and sending an email or emailing friends your new address. It’s very easy to miss updating an important service. Next thing you know, you end up with identity theft because someone happened to get his hands on your personal mail. A Private Mailbox reduces this problem by cutting down the frequency required to change your mailing address every time you move and keeps your mail secure.
Top Five Reasons you should have a Private Mailbox:
- Address Privacy: You may want to keep your business and personal mail separate, or keeping your curious parents or neighbors away from your mail. When you have a private mailbox, you don’t have to give out your home street address. This can be valuable if you don’t want someone to know where you live. Since many private mailbox companies accept packages from delivery services in addition to the post office, you can use your private mailbox address for packages as well as for letters and envelopes.
- Shopping: Having a US address can be useful to create a virtual presence in the US so you can use the address to ship eBay and Amazon products to your mailbox so it can be forwarded later to your location overseas.
- Cutting Shipping cost: Using a mail forwarder can help you consolidate your purchases and ship them to you for 30 to 60% off Book rates.
- Virtual Address: Establish a US virtual address for your international business without the additional cost of leases and building expenses.
- Expats Mail: Avoid disruption of your mail when you are traveling or moving. Have your mail follow you anywhere in the world.
US Private mailboxes can do other things your street address or a PO Box can’t. A private mailbox address will allow your business to show up in many search engines when a post office box won’t. Renting multiple mailboxes can even increase your search engine presence in multiple communities. Some private mailbox companies will let you call in to check your mail, or manage your mail remotely online, saving you from making unnecessary trips. While you’re checking your mail, you can take advantage of the other services at your private mailbox provider, like sending packages with FedEx, DHL, UPS or Making copies, Notarizing documents etc..
Mailbox Subscription Plans
There are hundreds of reasons why U.S citizens may leave the country to live overseas, these American Expatriates may have a career change, family event, health condition or simply just love to travel and discover the world. Some of the resulting consequence of the International relocation is the U.S mail and the daily mail delivery disruption. So how can one be overseas and lose track of his mortgage statement, credit card bill or that cute birthday card from the insurance agent? Would it be nice to have a place that can be used to collect all the US post office mail and packages and then forward them to the new location overseas? How can an American Expatriate have his or her US mail and bills follow you wherever you are in the world?
Neighborhood Parcel through getmyusmail.com has developed a system that is convenient, secure and affordable to do just that! We can be your USPS mailbox on wheels, we collect, scan, and forward your mail whenever you want!
Mail Forwarding Services Benefits for U.S Expats:
- Avoid Mail delivery disruptions.
- Maintain a presence in the US.
- Remove the mail handling hassle from friends or relatives.
- An easy way to monitor your U.S mail and receive just what you want. We remove junk mail for you!
- We shred junk mail and spam.
- Control mail delivery frequency and carrier.
- Maintain privacy, no one will notice you have moved.
- Continue to shop US retailers with your new address.
To begin using our US mail forwarding service, you’ll need to give us permission to start handling your mail. You do this by filling USPS form 1583, signing it and returning it to our mail forwarding division along with two photo ids and membership payment. Once the proper documentation is in place, we will issue you a US address.
Using the web, you can then view your account at http://mailboxnotification.com and tell us what to do with each piece of mail or package. You can typically choose to send, hold or discard each piece, or if you have multiple packages, you can ask for them to be consolidated into one package and redirect them to you. To Apply for Expats Mailbox visit: http://getmyusmail.com
We are currently servicing Expats in United Arab Emirates, Russia, France, Spain, Canada, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Japan, Hong Kong, China and Australia