American Expatriates Mail Forwarding service will allow you to maintain your U.S Mailing address while traveling abroad, on RV or during a relocation to Europe, the Middle East or Australia.
You may need to change your address with the U.S Post Office and have your US mail forwarded to your new mailbox. There are many private companies that offer to do this for you for a fee ranging from $10 to $20. But why pay if you can do the change of address yourself and without the hassle? You can file the change of address online and pay a minimum fee of $1.05 to validate your billing details and make the change securely.
The other option is to visit your nearest U.S Post Office and ask for a change of address form, it is usually available inside Mover’s kit loaded with coupons and discount offers. You will receive a letter confirming the change in a week or two. At that point, all your U.S mail will be routed to the new location!
U.S. Postal Service: Address Change
- Change Your Address Online – Make The Change online for a $1.05 fee if you have a credit card and valid e-mail account. You can also complete the form at your nearest U.S post office for free. After completing the process, the U.S. Postal Service will forward your mail to your new Mailbox for up to one year ant no additional charge.
- Your mail will arrive at your new mailbox location with a yellow sticker overriding the old address.
- If you complete the actual process, then allow up to 10 days for your mail to be re-routed. Ask your old landlord or new occupant to return the already delivered mail to the post office so they can reroute it.
There may be other federal agencies you may want to notify of the change in order to avoid missing filing deadlines and important communications. Here is a small list of agencies you should notify:
- Internal Revenue Service (PDF) – Change your location with the IRS if you are expecting a tax refund or other mail. You can also change your address with the IRS by writing your new location in the appropriate boxes on your tax return when you file.
- Social Security Administration – If you receive benefits or have Medicare, you can use your mySocialSecurity account to report a change of address. If you don’t receive benefits, contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778).
- Department of Veterans Affairs (PDF) – Change your address if you are a veteran who receives benefit payments or you wish to update your records.
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services – If you are a non-U.S. citizen who is required to register with USCIS, then you need to let them know if you move.
International Mail forwarding service allows you to purchase goods from over 4 Million US online retailers for delivery worldwide using USPS, EMS, TNT, UPS, FedEx, and DHL. So if you live overseas and you can not use your international credit card, or seller refused to ship overseas, then this is the service you need! Here are the steps you should take to set up an account for our international mail forwarding services:
International Mail Forwarding Plans
Getmyusmail.com offers a great choice of International Mail and Freight forwarding services, we cater to a growing community of International businesses looking to establish a Virtual US address and a large number of international consumers who are simply looking for ways to access American retailers and save on international shipping.
Personal Mail Forwarding
This is a great value for your money if you are looking to receive Bank statements, Credit Card Bills and US Mail with an occasional small to medium box deliveries. You will receive the following services with your Personal Mailbox:
- Free Limited storage.
- Free Email Notification of mail delivery.
- Free Consolidation.
- Free Tracking of your shipment.
- Discount shipping rates.
Business Mail Forwarding
In addition to the features above, business Mailbox will provide a great way to impress your clients by showcasing your genuine US street address on your mailbox and being listed on Google Local. Your clients will think that you are physically in America. This plan is ideal for shipments of small to large size and receiving average volume of letters. Business Mailbox Plans will offer these followings features:
- Free Storage
- Genuine Street Address with a Suite Number in lieu of PMB.
- Free Access to our Concierge service.
- Free Images of shipment upon request (limits may apply)
- Access to our executive desk 24/7
- Access our Virtual Mailbox Management.
Once you select the plan you want and that can fit your needs, add it and its duration choice: 3, 6 or 13 Months to your cart and checkout using Paypal, Amazon or any major credit card. Then submit two photos Id’s and for 1583 to finish the activation of your mailbox with US Post Office. Your virtual US address will be delivered to you via email as early as within 24 Hrs.
U.S Mail Forwarding Plans
A Post Office Box, or commonly known as a PO Box or a Postal Box, is a lockable mailbox located in a US Post Office station. PO Boxes are traditionally used to receive US mail and Parcels when you live in areas where mail is not delivered directly to your home. A PMB (Private Mailbox) Box, however, is great for people who move constantly. If you’ve ever relocated, you know the pain you go through changing US mailing address for statements, bills, bank statements, and magazine subscriptions, updating personal information with the IRS and the government, and sending an email or emailing friends your new address. It’s very easy to miss updating an important service. Next thing you know, you end up with identity theft because someone happened to get his hands on your personal mail. A Private Mailbox reduces this problem by cutting down the frequency required to change your mailing address every time you move and keeps your mail secure.
Top Five Reasons you should have a Private Mailbox:
- Address Privacy: You may want to keep your business and personal mail separate, or keeping your curious parents or neighbors away from your mail. When you have a private mailbox, you don’t have to give out your home street address. This can be valuable if you don’t want someone to know where you live. Since many private mailbox companies accept packages from delivery services in addition to the post office, you can use your private mailbox address for packages as well as for letters and envelopes.
- Shopping: Having a US address can be useful to create a virtual presence in the US so you can use the address to ship eBay and Amazon products to your mailbox so it can be forwarded later to your location overseas.
- Cutting Shipping cost: Using a mail forwarder can help you consolidate your purchases and ship them to you for 30 to 60% off Book rates.
- Virtual Address: Establish a US virtual address for your international business without the additional cost of leases and building expenses.
- Expats Mail: Avoid disruption of your mail when you are traveling or moving. Have your mail follow you anywhere in the world.
US Private mailboxes can do other things your street address or a PO Box can’t. A private mailbox address will allow your business to show up in many search engines when a post office box won’t. Renting multiple mailboxes can even increase your search engine presence in multiple communities. Some private mailbox companies will let you call in to check your mail, or manage your mail remotely online, saving you from making unnecessary trips. While you’re checking your mail, you can take advantage of the other services at your private mailbox provider, like sending packages with FedEx, DHL, UPS or Making copies, Notarizing documents etc..
Mailbox Subscription Plans
There are hundreds of reasons why U.S citizens may leave the country to live overseas, these American Expatriates may have a career change, family event, health condition or simply just love to travel and discover the world. Some of the resulting consequence of the International relocation is the U.S mail and the daily mail delivery disruption. So how can one be overseas and lose track of his mortgage statement, credit card bill or that cute birthday card from the insurance agent? Would it be nice to have a place that can be used to collect all the US post office mail and packages and then forward them to the new location overseas? How can an American Expatriate have his or her US mail and bills follow you wherever you are in the world?
Neighborhood Parcel through getmyusmail.com has developed a system that is convenient, secure and affordable to do just that! We can be your USPS mailbox on wheels, we collect, scan, and forward your mail whenever you want!
Mail Forwarding Services Benefits for U.S Expats:
- Avoid Mail delivery disruptions.
- Maintain a presence in the US.
- Remove the mail handling hassle from friends or relatives.
- An easy way to monitor your U.S mail and receive just what you want. We remove junk mail for you!
- We shred junk mail and spam.
- Control mail delivery frequency and carrier.
- Maintain privacy, no one will notice you have moved.
- Continue to shop US retailers with your new address.
To begin using our US mail forwarding service, you’ll need to give us permission to start handling your mail. You do this by filling USPS form 1583, signing it and returning it to our mail forwarding division along with two photo ids and membership payment. Once the proper documentation is in place, we will issue you a US address.
Using the web, you can then view your account at http://mailboxnotification.com and tell us what to do with each piece of mail or package. You can typically choose to send, hold or discard each piece, or if you have multiple packages, you can ask for them to be consolidated into one package and redirect them to you. To Apply for Expats Mailbox visit: http://getmyusmail.com
We are currently servicing Expats in United Arab Emirates, Russia, France, Spain, Canada, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Panama, Japan, Hong Kong, China and Australia
Expats Mailbox Choices